Job Description: Working in the field, at client sites, carrying out installations, diagnosing and resolving faults and defects, whilst delivering a prompt and effective repair service in line with Company procedures and standards. Representing the Company, promoting our products and services and providing a first-class service.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measuring, servicing, installing, and repairing glass, all types of doors and windows.
- Cleaning the job area once glass has been installed and the client is satisfied.
- Operating hoists or cranes with suction cups to lift heavy glass units if required
- Manufacture double glazed unit’s whist on site
- Build good working relationships with clients
- Assisting clients with any queries they may have
- Spot sales opportunities and upselling
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Assist with the ordering of materials and maintenance of stock levels
- Communicate the status of jobs to colleagues and managers
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Ensure the correct storage of materials and maintain good housekeeping of equipment
- Ensure Company Vehicles and Office storage areas are kept clean and tidy, in line with safety regulations
- Ensure awareness of health and safety policies and procedure including protective equipment and clothing
- Complete and maintain health and safety records including COSHH assessments and ensure knowledge of data sheets for all equipment and materials used
- Manage quality control of workload
- Minimum of 3-4 years within the glazing industry
- Previous experience working on all types of door, window and security systems.
- Knowledge within the glass industry
- Excellent understanding of all types of glass
- A valid CSCS Card
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, legislations, policies and procedures
- Experience working in a customer facing environment
- Maintains current knowledge with the latest technology