Job Description: Working in the field, at client sites, carrying out installations, diagnosing and resolving faults and defects, whilst delivering a prompt and effective repair service in line with Company procedures and standards. Representing the Company, promoting our products and services and providing a first-class service.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Servicing, maintaining and repairing of types of doors, windows and security systems and all associated electrical equipment
- Electrical and mechanical fault finding
- Build good working relationships with clients
- Assisting clients with any queries they may have
- Spot sales opportunities and upselling
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Assist with the ordering of materials and maintenance of stock levels
- Communicate the status of jobs to colleagues and managers
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Ensure the correct storage of materials and maintain good housekeeping of equipment
- Ensure Company Vehicles and Office storage areas are kept clean and tidy, in line with safety regulations
- Ensure awareness of health and safety policies and procedure including protective equipment and clothing
- Complete and maintain health and safety records including COSHH assessments and ensure knowledge of data sheets for all equipment and materials used
- Manage quality control of workload
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the responsibilities of the role
- Act at all times as a representative of the Company and ensure that the customer is completely satisfied
- Adhere to all Company policies and practices, legal regulations and to undertake relevant training and development, responding positively to new and alternate systems
- Previous experience working on all types of door, window and security systems.
- Valid EN 16005 certificate (Automatic door engineers only)
- CSCS Card
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, legislations, policies and procedures
- Experience working in a customer facing environment
- Maintains current knowledge with the latest technology
- High attention to detail, ensuring all work is finished to the highest quality and standards
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with clients, colleagues and management.
- Adaptable to a changing working environment with competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, work to resolve issues
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules.
- Use initiative when necessary
- Able to work without supervision
- Positive and professional approach to work with the ability to absorb and understand technical explanations quickly and analyse and solve problems accurately.
- The job involves long hours of work which can extend to all days of the week
- This is a field-based role and not a typical 9-5 job
- A full clean driving licence is essential for this role